We rely on donations from schools, churches and clubs to do what we do. You can help by hosting a food drive.
Here’s how it works:
- A donation barrel can be provided to you to set out at your location.
- We can provide flyers either on paper or digitally of our current needs.
- Social media is a great resource, we can help by posting about your drive on our sites.
- Make it a contest for Most Pounds Collected, Most Bags, Most of a certain item (current top needs are available from OVFB staff)
- Drives can be held for a any duration of time, it’s up to you.
- Arrangements for a drop off can be made, we are also able to weigh your donations so you can see the impact your organization made in our community.
To sign your organization up for a food drive or if you have questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Looking for food drive ideas? Check out DoSomething.org’s Action Tips: Food Drive Ideas.
Current Top Needs
- Dry Pasta & Pasta sauce of any variety
- Peanut Butter
- Canned chili, Spaghettios, Ravioli (meals ready to eat)
- Ramen Noodles
- Canned Fruits or Vegetables
- Diapers sized 3 and larger
- Feminine Hygiene products and adult incontinence products
- Non-perishable foods